changing gear box oil

Is it an early one litre? If so you remove the speedo drive from the top of the gear box. That job is a PITA! I royally ####ed mine up, the speedo drive got chemical metaled in place and the gearbox refilled by jacking the near side up to 45 degrees and re-filling through the drive shaft opening.

If its a later car there is a refill plug.

Depending on the age of the car, either through the speedo drive cable (on top of the gearbox at the back) or theres a filler port somewhere on the side...sorry im abit vague on the second option, but i dont know exactly where it is :D

Hi mate how you? Remove the speedo drive nut, remove the cog thingy and fill it

Made such a difference to my gear change afterwards (Y)

If you look where the window wiper motor is go directly down to where the gear box is and your see the speedo cable going into it

you got a link for the oil you got mate as theres a few on there (online that is not sure if there is a eurocarparts store :S )

ok i think mines the old type but if there is a refil plug where on the side is it as i cant see it but can deff see the speedo drive cable and where i need to go if thats the option i have.

i ordered my gear box oil should be here friday. im not going to empty the old #### out as most of it came out when changed the cv joint (taking drive shaft out the gear box it went every where) so just going to top it up and it should be fine.

cheers for your help martin mate

ok i think mines the old type but if there is a refil plug where on the side is it as i cant see it but can deff see the speedo drive cable and where i need to go if thats the option i have.

all 1.3 box has the filler and drain plug
1.0 facelift has filler and drain plug,,,,,,
,,,all others as mentioned speedo cable removed from gear box to top up
all boxes have drain plug

Back