Cg13 bottom end

that yard in brum still had that mint looking CGA engine stani last week, and another CGA in a car but with the sump removed for some reason fwn

but can the cga mix and match with the cg's?? not looking to spend much money either as its just to #### about with

tis true, its a cg10 block, with custom machined cg13 pistons, cg13 rods, a cga3 crank and a cg10 head with cg13 cams.

so whats this cga frank a 1.4?? are you saying i can use my 1.0 block and pistons, then the rest of the bottom end cga??

so whats this cga frank a 1.4?? are you saying i can use my 1.0 block and pistons, then the rest of the bottom end cga??

its in my favourite yard stani £125 (dunno what they want for the one with the sump removed tho)
you could fit the crank to a 1.3 (and shave a mil or so off the top of the pistons, or else fit a CG head onto the complete 1.4 block assy eh (like mine)

the cga is a 1.35, i had to machine about 2mm off the crown of the piston, but i cant remember exactly.

i know my cc was 1311cc

the cga is a 1.35, i had to machine about 2mm off the crown of the piston, but i cant remember exactly.

i know my cc was 1311cc

yeh, its a 2.3mm longer stroke eh scott (so the crown will reach 1.15mm higher) instead of shaving the top, how about filing a 1mm flat on the front and back of the piston to clear the combustion chamber projection (arrowed) and retain the higher compression
attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0257.JPG
    PICT0257.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 187
i cant remember exactly how much i took off, i know the pistons just pushed out of the top of the block probably less than 0.5mm, thinking about it, i might have taken about 1mm off or something.

thats a possibility frank never thought of that, the compression was quite high tho, as the puny k10 starter often struggled to turn it over, it sometimes semi locked up, i thought one of the pistons was hydraulicing at first but it was the compression, i think it depended on which part of the stroke the engine stopped.

i think ill stick to the cg's, im just looking for easy power by combining them both. itll be cg10 block and pistons, the rest cg13, 1mm headskim, autosprint inlet cam, 4.7kg flywheel and full janspeed :)

np stani :grinning: the 1.4 engine with the sump removed is a very clean car but with heavy damage down one side, and they had simply sold the sump fwn:upside:
and i measured some matiz front suspension legs while i was there (very similar to k11 but 2" shorter :eek: and they both had a factory fitted strubrace too) but i digress :wasntme:

Back