CD/Radio removal

C

CAT 20T

Gutted to discover tonight that my headunit doesn't work :down:

Went to check on it at the bodyshop and noticed the right-hand side sitting proud of the dash

Seems someone's pulled (too hard) or levered it and the front of the unit has come away.

May be fixable, but I need to know how to get the rest of it out safely - do you have to take the tray out above to get to mounting bolts or something ?

CAT 20T said:
Gutted to discover tonight that my headunit doesn't work :down:

Went to check on it at the bodyshop and noticed the right-hand side sitting proud of the dash

Seems someone's pulled (too hard) or levered it and the front of the unit has come away.

May be fixable, but I need to know how to get the rest of it out safely - do you have to take the tray out above to get to mounting bolts or something ?

there has been a guide about this ,if you do a search you will find it :D

and iirc you start with the a-pillar trim then the top of the dash ,,sounds scary but its easy

i can tell how you remove the CD/Radio unit.
i changed my cd-radio last month by the guarantee, cause it wasnt play cd s and getting warm.

it is a little bit hard work, cause you have to remove the whole cover on the dash, first remove the little cap on the dash, under it you ll see the screw of dash, remove it. now unplugg the dash's cover, then you ll see the plugs of the drive computer(if exist) and cd-radio' screws, remove the plugs, then the screws, and pull the cd-radio (you have to pull the drive comp.(if exist) too with the cd-radio...
take it easy, i hope i could tell you.
cause my english is not so good :)

ICE SECTION
doh.gif

Sorry, usually pretty good for searching before posting

What a guide ! That radio's as good as out !

'course it'll be next week till I can actually give it a go, but I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers

Back