buying a k10

richj

Deactivated Account
I'm going to look at a J reg K10 today. Anyone got any good pointers that I should look out for?

Check the sills and arches for rust. This can be a big problem on K10's. You also want to check the engine isn't smoking (burning oil). Service history would be handy if they had it.

You can almost guarantee rust but check the sills, as far as I know they are last to rust so if they are gone most of the car will be lol. Although I could be wrong.

There are very few big problems with the K10. Just do the standard checks of brakes and suspension etc to make sure you are getting a good deal. Take it for a drive before as well.

Thank you for the quick responses. There isn't a service history, but apparently there are previous MOT's, not sure if there are any receipts. I will check the arches aren't too rusty. I've had a look at some pictures, and although they aren't very clear there doesn't appear to be much of a problem.

What would you expect to pay for a J reg k10 1.0 3 door with 49k on the clock?

It really depends on the condition but probably haggle around 3/400 mark. I know you can get them cheaper, but it's a private sale. Start low and work upwards anyway!!

is there a wiki for the k10's?

I'll let you guys know how I get on with the purchase. It looks like I'm getting a good deal so far :)

The L model is equally as basic, but yeah no cats on that one. All the Super S's had cats though Olly.

Yeah I bought it. £225 with 49k on the clock. The bodywork is a bit battered in places and the clutch slips a little but other than that its solid! So now, what is my first mod going to be? (aside from a new clutch)

Im after engine performance. What would be the best thing to do first?

I've got a Nissan Clutch for sale - Excellent condition and its only 18 months old! Only asking about £25 collected, a little more if posted. If your interested, email trance_dj[at]hotmail.com

That price is very good. I'm sure general body work can be sorted out. Get some photos up!

Yeah a standard, genuine nissan one. Not one of those unipart crap things you can get off ebay

not really mate, only a certain year range of k11 clutch will fit the k10 anyway. anything that isnt nissan and jap made however is usually better, exedy clutchs seem very good

btw Rich i can pick up the clutch from rimmer when i go to collect my super s seats if ya want ;)

Yeah, but not constantly :p - i've probably done about 6/7000 miles on it, so has loads and loads of life left

Will you take £15 for it?

I'm also looking for a 1.0l standard carb. My Idle is too high. Seems the auto choke isnt working properly. I thought it would be easiest to just replace the carb.

rich ive got a spare ma10 carb in my garage you can have ;)

it mat btw :p i just thought last time you were on here i was Krazy_k10man :D

sorry I cant justify that price for a clutch that has been used. I think I have decided the Figaro engine is the best way forwards, so i guess a cheap clutch will do for now.

sorry I cant justify that price for a clutch that has been used

It's still in better condition than most non genuine clutches, anyway that decision is up to you. I'm quite happy to sell it to someone else

Back