Brake problem

hi, thanks for your reply frank. I have already tried to drive forward and reverse and I have tried knocking the drums with abit of wood but still no luck. Every time I try it just drags the wheels. I think there siezed but aint sure. Do you have any other ideas to solve the problem and maybe get them to release.

ryan.

just brute force ryan i,m afraid, clutch plates do the same if left long enough, my misses,s rear brakes used to lock on and then release with a bang :eek:

Drive it to a straight bit of road then go back and forward a foot each way and tap the brakes, they'll eventually free up. Have the same problem with my trailer.

Get an old 1/2" extension and 21mm socket, place it over one of the rear wheel nuts, have an assistant stick the car in gear and place a load on the brakes then hammer the sh*t out the exstension!

This applies more shock and power from the hammer to the brakes.

dont be afraid of seriously wacking the drums hard all around, always works for me

do the k11's have a small plug in the back of the drums you can remove and turn the adjusters to move the shoes back in, like the k10s have

Hi everyone. I would like to thank everyone with there tips and advice. I managed to free the drums with a couple of knocks with abit of wood and a hammer. It took a few knocks but all is good now and I managed to take her down to get moted and now she has 12months mot on her now. I may be selling her on here so lookout if your interested in a really nice reliable micra boston.

ryan

Back