Brake light out

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hey people

Ems's k10, the passenger side brake light doesnt work. I havent had the chance to spend much time fixing it apart from changing the bulb, but the problem persists. The light comes on fine tho when the headlights are turned on, so its something somewhere to do with the brakes.

Anyone got any rough ideas what i could check / change to get it working?

Cheers
Arnold

Probably not this but are all of the fuses ok?? Otherwise maybe a loose connection somewhere. Not sure if its not that.

try the bulb holder itself, they can sometimes get bent and not get a good tight connection!

Daz :alien:

regarding fuses, surely both rear lights work off the same fuse / circuit, so if one works, the other would too?

I'l get myself down a scrappy and get another holder. Anyone else got any other suggestions?

Thanks
Arnold

Just thinking, how would the holder have become bent in the first place?!!! Arnold the original bulb was blown tho wasn't it?!!!
Oh, and what bulb is in it at present? I dunno if u kept the new 1 in it or if u put the old 1 back in!!!

Yeah the original bulb was blown, so i stuck the replacement i got for you in there (which is fine). I dont think the connectors are bent or anything, it looked fine when i was putting it in. I'l be going down the scrappy anyway so i'l pick up another one for you, and check the wiring out properley at the weekend

Quite often the little balls of solder on the base of the bulbs stick out different amounts, so if you put a bulb with smaller ones in, it won't contact. Normally just needs the contacts bending or a blob of solder adding to the bulb.

Slightly off topic here - but may help.

My mate change his brake lights in his car for the wrong kind of Bulbs, then what happened when he braked every light on the car came on! Was quality! Turned out it was happening because the brake buld was to big a wattage?(that right?)

Could be a similar problem man :)

Na mate the bulbs are fine but cheers for the suggestion. I got some spares out of a K10 in a scrappy to replace the one in this car, so i know they're designed to fit the K10.

I went to the scrappy during my lunch and picked up the wiring & connectors for both clusters so will change them over at the weekend. Cant be arsed bending stuff around or soldering bulbs etc when they take 3 seconds to change over.

Also spotted a modified K11, nice wheels & exhaust in the car park so stuck a flyer on the window, even tho it looked very much like retepetsir's k11.

Titch said:
Slightly off topic here - but may help.

My mate change his brake lights in his car for the wrong kind of Bulbs, then what happened when he braked every light on the car came on! Was quality! Turned out it was happening because the brake buld was to big a wattage?(that right?)

Could be a similar problem man :)

LOL!!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind if it looked like a christmas tree!!!!

Fixed! Seems like the bulb i replaced it with was dodgey so Ems dad fitted another one. Trip down the scrappy was a waste of time but glad the prob is sorted!

Back