Bloody theory tests...

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Hi all,

4th time i have taken my theory test now, and i just cannot pass the bloody thing..
i drive all the time with my L plates and am very confident on the road etc.

its driving me insane :\ suppose it doesnt help being dyslexic but who knows!
Grrrr!!!!!!

if your failing on hazard perception do you fully understand how it works? if your failing the questions just get a manual and read it through, make sure you know all the roadsigns as thats the easy part out the way. just try and get the stupid questions remembered as in the ones that have nothing to do with driving a car lol

Got an iPhone/iPod Touch? Get the uk driving theory test app. Has all the questions from the theory tests in it for you to test yourself on. Studied it for a couple of hours a day for 2 weeks and I passed first time.

I never had to do the theory but I heard Jeremy Clarkson say there are some really odd questions on it:

You are driving down the road and suddenly feel hungry. McDonalds is not an ideal food stop because:

A) It's high in salt and fat and not good for you.

B) You were in a hurry this morning and left your wallet at home.

C) You're developing a bit of a belly and are trying to eat more healthily.

D) Screw that, I love McDonalds!

(Cheat hint: The answer's D :D).

Hows the test now they've changed it so it's not multiple choice now haven't they? My missus is doing hers soon I passed mine nearly ten years ago now, I passed mine the day after they brought in the hazard perception! So none of my test discs were any help

Tbh it hadn't changed at all when I did it again! I might just rob the mrs's iPhone & use that theory app or something! Ha

I used the CDs, I did 2 or 3 mocks tests a day for a week. The same questions come up word for word. Then just learn the major road-signs and road markings and you should be fine. Passed first time. Also don't be afraid to click to much in the hazard perception part. You will only fail if you click like 10 times in the space of a few seconds. Click whenever you see something that could potentially be a hazard (like a person walking towards a zebra crossing or a person running next to the road) , don't wait for it to be a blatant hazard before clicking.

Good luck buddy.

Hmm it's been on the news that they were getting rid of the multiple choice stuff and you now had to know it and can't just guess an answer?
I'm one like off 100 lol

the theory had just come in when i did my test back in the 90s :D then it was doable with only common sense. only 1 test then, none of this "point at where you put the water in" or "why has this got 710 written on it" :lol:

i will give you a tip which i got from friends.. and yes i do believe it works. ( you might be laughing)
for the first 3 times i went it for my theoy i told everyone i knew the date and time when my theory was and then got told to not tell anyone, and then for the fourth time i didnt tell anyone and passed it :D ahaha.

I was very lucky with my theory test and passed first time by 1 mark. However really bombed the practical and ended up taking that 4 times. I'd definitely agree with camoxodka, I told everyone the first three times on my practical, and then didn't tell anyone the fourth time, as I didn't want all the "oh, jack, maybe next time" rubbish from a million people, and I passed! Only one of my friends knew, as I said I'd tell her if she guessed the date, and she did, first guess, complete fluke, I was not impressed.

Just try to stay calm and read each of the questions through thoroughly, sometimes they can be trick questions aiming at a different answer to the obvious one!

Back