been offered st engine

k11stew

Ex. Club Member
without supercharger for 150 quid. is that a decent price?

ive no idea why it hasnt got a supercharger etc, but how easy are parts to source for them etc?

There was a MA09ERT supercharger on ebay recently but thats the only one i've ever seen on there. Very rare parts im sure, especially as the ST was an import.

Some other bits may fit, Ed and a few others would know

Thread moved to K10

K11 engine with a turbo is nicer, and will do more power. Quite a few changes would be needed without the supercharger, and the engines are horrific off boost with no super charger i.e. imagine a 1.0 K10 with half the power of a normal MA10 when off boost. Several reasons, the very low compression and also small engine capacity as well as the ECU would need re-mapping.

Having said that, if your decide not to I would be really intersted as I could get an old ST of mine back on the road.

Ed would be better off buying it because as fordy said you need all the loom etc.I sold a supercharger recently on ebay got 370dollars for it.Engine sounds extremly cheap probably for the bin,but won't know until you split her

This was years ago. You probably dont even know I have that car :) Melted a piston when a HT lead melted against the turbo. I wouldn't believe that if I was told it but I can see no other explanation.

This was years ago. You probably dont even know I have that car :) Melted a piston when a HT lead melted against the turbo. I wouldn't believe that if I was told it but I can see no other explanation.

Crazy machines!

Back