Battery for Jap Import?

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Well surprise surprise, my car has decided to eat it's battery.

Where can I find a Jap import battery as soon as possible?

by eat you mean it actually ate it? nom nom nom lol
can you not use a micra battery does it have to be a jap version?

That's the thing, i don't know. There is apprently a conversion to do, but I don't have time or tools to do that as the MOT is on Weds and I need to get it started for then obviously.
I mean ate as in decided it didn't want any charge anymore

That's the thing, i don't know. There is apprently a conversion to do, but I don't have time or tools to do that as the MOT is on Weds and I need to get it started for then obviously.
I mean ate as in decided it didn't want any charge anymore

i know but i thought a battery was a battery only difference was cold cranking etc. surely someone on here can help the only other thing i can think of is get a cheapy halfords one

I think halfrauds will be the best bet, cos theres a cheap place in Soton, but my car won't start to get there!
Thanks for your help dude, I'll see what other ppl say

the battery has smaller terminals, i changed the terminals on mine, but aparently the french cars use similar batteries.

either way getting hold of one shouldn't be too hard, just don't go buying a standard micra one, they are really expensive.

i have no idea what to do. I cant afford to get a new battery, but I need to get one, any oine just to get it started and onto the MOT where it will almost definitely fail, just to make my birthday week just even more peachy.

i have no idea what to do. I cant afford to get a new battery, but I need to get one, any oine just to get it started and onto the MOT where it will almost definitely fail, just to make my birthday week just even more peachy.

awww come on dont be :down: why do you think it will fail fwn im sure someone could lend you a battery, and yes i have done this... :blues:

Well I know it will fail, it'd be just typical of my always rubbish luck. Even though my dad is mates with the MOT tester, he'll find something wrong, you can guarantee it now.
And nope no-one can lend me a battery, I know no-one else with a jap import.
Sorry mate, but I can't be cheered up today - I've had one of the worst birthdays ever today.

well if it helps i think i have a head gasket failure and hope that its paranoia :glare: cos that would be £300-£400 pounds grr
i'm sure the mot will be fine your car is in great condition! (Y)

I hope not dude - good luck!
Well we'll see, it's just typical of my luck something will be wrong with it! I know it definitely needs a new exhaust!

it will be ok, don't let it bring you down ok, and here is a hug for your birthday :hug: might make it a little better :)

i am sure the car will go through fine, my cars only fail on things i have done to them so it should be all good.

if you can charge the battery outside the car and see if it works then?

my battery always goes flat, but thats after 3 days of not using it, and it getting very cold. but there is actually nothing wrong with the battery.

I don't have a battery charger, and don't know anyone who has one who can do it before wednesday :(

just give it a jump start and let the engine charge it.

if you go for a 15min drive, and as soon as you switch the car off the battery is flat and it doesn't start then you have a dead battery. if it starts up fine then the battery is ok. its just the cold getting to it.

Ok! Well I drove back from my mum's last night - which is about a 20 mins or so drive,and the car was threatening to stall as I reversed into my space if that's means anything?
Will go out and try it again in a mo once my friend gets here!

Halfrauds should do you a battery for around £35 if you know anyone with a trade card?

Ive got a trade card but it was still going to be more expensive than the place I got my battery from in the end. Before trade £70 ish after trade card £48 i think. I got it from a motorfactors that supply more trade than retail and it was £35

Back