Backbox upgrade

I have a sr160 back box spare which I'm happy to sell. It's calsonic,and its brand new,just got a bit of black paint on it to keep it from too much damage during storage. Direct fit into any k12,Nissan note or juke.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Might be interested in this Chris. Is the connection to the system by flange fitting or push over tube? Fairly sure my 2006 spec Sport + has the tube connection.....

Might be interested in this Chris. Is the connection to the system by flange fitting or push over tube? Fairly sure my 2006 spec Sport + has the tube connection.....
It has a flange as did the one it replaced. I managed to acquire 2 off eBay,one is on the car and the other was brand new and put in the shed for spare as unless you go to Nissan they are difficult to come by. Both will be available as I should have a stainless steel system on its way :)

It has a flange as did the one it replaced. I managed to acquire 2 off eBay,one is on the car and the other was brand new and put in the shed for spare as unless you go to Nissan they are difficult to come by. Both will be available as I should have a stainless steel system on its way :)

Bugger, from 2006 Nissan seems to have cut costs and changed the back box fitting to a slide over tube system, at least on the Sport +, so won't fit.:mad:

That's strange,never seen that before. Wander if previous owner had one put on like that.

Appears to be OEM Nissan Chris . If you search for K12 back boxes they appear to have had the bean counters involved and the 2006-2010 models have a cheapened exhaust with sliding tube joints. :mad: Much cheaper manufacturing costs than the previous system where flanges have to be made, but more importantly positioned accurately on the exhaust tubing, both in linear and rotational position. A sliding joint system is so much cheaper to produce.

Last edited:
Back