Another problem... Sigh.. :(

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

Car has been running rich and average mileage is 350km on full tank...I hasn't been able to solve this problem...

Now car started idling badly when I stepped hard on the brakes while vehicle is stationary... When I released that brakes, idling returns to normal...

Any idea what's happening??? Help!!! :(

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
it sounds like you have some sort of sensor fault keith (and it is maxing out the idle control valve)
you need to check those lambda and coolant sensors first imo, my volt meter that is connected to the lambda middle wire reads .9v continously, for the first mile in the morning (coldstart enrichment/aka choke)
then when its warmed up a bit the ecu goes into closed loop (bouncing between .3v and .7v)
so this proves that my c/t/s is working as it should, and also so is my lambda sensor :)

CMF_robert sutton

» CMF Member
hi.im no rocket scientist, but 1 common link with your latest problem is the brake booster sucking off the inlet manifold. check out booster, the hose accross to the manifold and the valve in the booster. bob.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Easiest way to check it is get some carby cleaner or contact cleaner and spray it around everywhere in the engine bay but not near your filter. If the idle picks up you have a vacuum leak. May be other ways to check ao google it.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Found a crack on the hose connecting the manifold to the master brake pump. However, after changing to a new hose, it got worst... Now brake feels hard and no bite.. What's next???

CMF_robert sutton

» CMF Member
you have done something wrong. if brakes have no feel it means the booster is not getting any vacuum from the inlet manifold. is it the correct hose or a maybe a softer one that is collapsing and closing off.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
sounds like it , had that on another car , the brake hose collapsed and the brakes went hard and ineffective , find some brake vac hose , failing that some of that modern polyurethane stuff that is made for airlines and such . With the engine off check the booster is working by pumping the peddle , it should go hard , then turn the engine on , the peddle should then sink if you are pressing it lightly .

Back