a quick qestion of carpet....

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to remove the carpet and clean it (wash or otherwise)? If yest how to go about it?

I have removed the seats and it looks dirty. There is an oil stain on side and the rest is quite dusty. Hover will not remove it. So what are the solutions?

Please help

Regards

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to remove the carpet and clean it (wash or otherwise)? If yest how to go about it?

I have removed the seats and it looks dirty. There is an oil stain on side and the rest is quite dusty. However will not remove it. So what are the solutions?

Please help

Regards

Seats out, sill rubbers pulled back, center consol out, kick panels out, small tray at the bottom on the dask off, Throttle pedal stop & maybe some of the seat belts from memory but it will come out in one go :)

Edit maybe the rear 1/4 panels as well if its a 3 door

Might just be easier to wet-vac it in the car

You could use a wet and dry vac...
but it would be best to take the whole carpet out first...which can be done, I'm sure
there are members here that have completly stripped out their interior

...I think you just take out the seats and plastic trims around the edges/handbrake pinning it down etc...should come out?...

I can't be certain if there would be anything else stopping it...as I have a K12 now and can't go and check...but I think that's how you'd go about it ^_^

ETA: I type way too slow LOL

Seats out, sill rubbers pulled back, center consol out, kick panels out, small tray at the bottom on the dask off, Throttle pedal stop & maybe some of the seat belts from memory but it will come out in one go :)

Edit maybe the rear 1/4 panels as well if its a 3 door

Might just be easier to wet-vac it in the car
Thanks Skinner_87,

It is a 5 dr one. I have removed all the seats. the plastic at the edges door area, how are they fit? Do they have clips or glued?

What about under the carpet? is there anything that would damage after washing?

Regards

You could use a wet and dry vac...
but it would be best to take the whole carpet out first...which can be done, I'm sure
there are members here that have completly stripped out their interior

...I think you just take out the seats and plastic trims around the edges/handbrake pinning it down etc...should come out?...

I can't be certain if there would be anything else stopping it...as I have a K12 now and can't go and check...but I think that's how you'd go about it ^_^

ETA: I type way too slow LOL
Very many thanks,

I was thinking of removing the whole carpet and wash it outside.

Regards

It''ll certainly dry better outside of the car...unless it's raining again LOL
...and you could wipe down the metal underneath...get that clean too and your car will smell fresh as a daisy when you put the carpet back in ;)

ETA: I think most of the interior trim (like mine) is secured with little plastic/metal clips...
try and make sure they don't shear/snap when you remove them
...otherwise you'll be going down the scrap yard to find some more :p

Thanks Skinner_87,

It is a 5 dr one. I have removed all the seats. the plastic at the edges door area, how are they fit? Do they have clips or glued?

What about under the carpet? is there anything that would damage after washing?

Regards

The door rubbers just pull off mate they have a channel that fits into the metal edge, easily knocked back on :)

Theres only sound deadening (hard rubbery putty like substance) under odd bits of the carpet, but it would dry alot easier as Jen says outside the car

Thank you all for your input.

Removed the carpet and there was underlay of type insulation all over it. Tried to save it but I could not do that completely since it was glued to the carpet.

Here is the video.

BTW: Will a normal washing power be okay for washing the carpet? If not what is the best detergent to use?
Regards

Good job.

as mentioned... a wet and dry vacuum cleaner with proper carpet shampoo would suit best....

you can probably clean it by hand just fine but it will take longer and more scrubbing...

but either way I'd recommend using actual carpet shampoo...you may be able to pick some up at Asda/B&M/Range?...

Back