4wd Awd

Glen

Club Member
hi im looking for a kit for either one of these does anyone know where i could get one.

regards Glen

For your K11 ? it would all have to be custom I think, something like a pulsar set up made to fit, it would be interesting to see combined with a 2 litre engine.

nah im not think 2 litre im getting a new car soon and keeping the micra so big ideas to come

What's the difference between 4WD and AWD? Definitions vary, but 4WD has a special low range to help the vehicle in off-road conditions. Usually it's called 4L (4 Low). Under normal conditions, the vehicle is usually is in two-wheel-drive mode and goes into 4WD when the driver throws a switch. Most real trucks use this type of 4WD.

AWD systems have no such extra low range. They may be either full time, meaning the power is sent to all four wheels all of the time, or part time, also called on-demand, in which the power kicks into the other wheels when slippage is detected in the primary drive.

also whats a large nissan engine (larger than 2.0) that has alot of performance parts

Plenty of Nissan engines that are larger than 2 litre capacity and have a large aftermarket parts supply...

RB25DE(T)
RB26DETT
VG30E(T)
VG30DE(TT)
QR25DE
VQ35DE/R
VH41DE
VH45DE
VK45DE

Good luck getting pretty much any of those in a Micra though, unless it's in the rear!

to my knowledge, there's no diffenence between 4wd and awd, it's just that some manufacturers call them by different abrieviations. nissan's n14 gti-r is classes as 4wd but is permanent 4wd as are some of toyota's rav4's etc, and i know subaru call their system awd.
anyway, sell your current k11 and buy a 4wd k11 from japan and get it imported. probably save you a fortune. the problem is, is that they're all autos, but it's possible to convert this to a 6 speed sequential set up (£££???). but fensport managed to convert an auto 4wd corolla into a 10second monster using gt4 parts.

Back