2.0 Micra?

i just wouldnt trust the £700 option to be honest, i think you should do it and make a blog with the costs :D

:S "i wouldnt trust the £700 option" there isnt anything wrong with it. its just not a silly price that you/the garage claim it will cost.
if you want to pay a rediculous price then that is your own choice (nothing to do with me) but what is the joy in saying it will cost that much (when it obviously dont) it just becomes a deturant to people who may be thinking of doing it or are looking into it.

i priced for the loom to be done by a pro/garage and welded and sleved shafts are totaly fine but its a little bit extra for custom made and the gear box mount anyone can do with some savie fwn

as for bloggin, i dont blog my work. and im doing the 1.6 swap atm with turbo and all done the correct way. so if you want prices i will be quight happy to tell you and mabey we could compare prices :grinning:

note: all prices are factual as i have brought or enquired and not just myself gessing

ok fair enough, and that price was for the sr20det thinking about it. and i dont care about prices really just the cars outcome so we will need to meet at crail or the pod and prove wether money or diy is the way to go :p and im defo making an appearance down at the pod next year and hoping for that 13.9 so i can move on LOL

ok fair enough, and that price was for the sr20det thinking about it. and i dont care about prices really just the cars outcome so we will need to meet at crail or the pod and prove wether money or diy is the way to go :p and im defo making an appearance down at the pod next year and hoping for that 13.9 so i can move on LOL

i think the diffrance for the 1.6 to the 2.0 would eb the cost of buying the engine?

just to clear it up im going to be useing the ga16-t so i dont need to re-do a whole loom and if i need shafts, im having them welded proffesionaly, but im doing the mounts myself

i dont think payed or diy'd can be competed just aslong as its all done correctly?

I think it all depends on how competent you are at doing things yourself. I work at a bodyshop and mine is the first conversion i've done like this. I've done turbo conversions and engine swaps before, but on fords where the engine goes straight in. This was a lot harder to do, measuring for engine mounts etc. I did most of the work myself, the driveshafts i had made and cost about £500 i think. The wiring was a complete primera loom that was put in the car. And this all works fine. You've just got to take your time and double check everything. Mine took me 4 years and is still an ongoing project but at least it's on the road now.
I do have a thread on here which i will now update with some pics.
I'm up fora race up the drag strip next year if anyone else is.

Back