£10 exhaust flamer

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I was bored, again, so decided to get a motorbike coil and a 2 wire flasher relay. Total cost of about £10.

I get a good repetitive spark so now all I have to do is wire it up and test it out. I'll put up a vid on my next day off if it works.

Green= relay, Red= coil
DSC00136.jpg

If the car is runnind de-cat, which it will be, the kit should ignite the remaining fuel in the exhaust system.

Reckon this would work well on my over fuelling RS turbo!!

Cant see this being overly impressive on a K10 though.

Cant see this being overly impressive on a K10 though.[/QUOTE]

what if u was to adjust the fuel mixture screw as mine was over fulling bigtime and u could smell the unburnt fuel and car still went well so should manage a nice flame jsut might melt your bumper lol

Yes but why would you want to purposly run the car rich?

My car is running rich due to the fact it hasn't been set up correctly and needs to be rolling roaded and tuned.

Engines should run at the correct Air Fuel Ratio, too rich or too lean is never good.

Mine is also overfueled on idle

Might do something then, don't expect a flame thrower though!

I am gunna build an AFR gauge to sort my idle out soon. But while there is extra fuel I will burn it. I think my extra fuel in the pipe also has sommat to do with my advanced timing, I may back that off a bit.

I'm sure there's somewhere you can take your car to be rolling roaded and have the AFR and idle set correctly.

just remember flamer kits are illegal to have running on a car on a public road!

I'm only going to have it on for shows etc. If I can get it working, I need a capacitor of some kind, I may get a CDI unit from somewhere. I don't think the spark is strong enough to light unburnt fuel in exhaust gas.

olly

a dizzy capacitor would be ok, most cdi,s are 150v input iirc
just keep your foot down and turn the ignition off then turn your igniter on !

Back