Wing Mirror Tinting

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
gallery12.jpg

Hello,

I saw a BMW with blue tinted wing mirrors today, I was wondering if anyone has done this mod on a Micra?

Does it look any good, and its it easy to do?

Alienfish360 said:
Just get some blue window tint and try it, if it doesn't look good or doesn't work it's only £10 if it works, great :p

Meh, im thinking about it. Theres really plenty of other stuff I need to do to my car though, im just curious. o_O

Well I gave it a try lol.

I have a newfound respect for tinting people, its damned hard! I had a go at sticking it on and got loadsa little bubbles so im gonna have another go at it to do a better job.

But I put it on the car to see if I (and you guys) like it, and to see if its not too dark.

What do you think? Keep or not?

Attachments

• P1040885.jpg
    P1040885.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 221
  • P1040886.jpg
    P1040886.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 198
  • P1040887.jpg
    P1040887.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 227
Yeah i think its bang on that - just try to get rid of the bubbles if there is any - and it will be fine!!

Thanks for the advice Zephyr, unfortunately theres like dozens of tiny little bubbles which means even when popped the surface looks a bit freckled. Looks worse in real life than in the photos. It'll do for a week while I decide that I like it, but it definitely needs re-doing.

Does anyone know how to take the mirror itself out? I took off the mirror assembly but it was a bit tricky with the mirror moving about. The haynes manual simply says its fiddly to get the mirror itself out, it doesnt say how.

OK I'll try that method.

One major problem however... driving last night, after it was dark... cant really see all that much through it!!

Headlights you can see, as well as other lights... and in well lit areas you can just about make out the road...

Not sure if this is a good idea after all now. :kungfu:

Yeh you need to use a much lighter tint.

Alot of japanese cars are coming with a slight yellow tint which helps soften the headlights from people following you.

There's some tech savvy word for it, but I can't remember. Something fancy about reducing night time reflections.

I like your idea but I think it would be easier to just get a different type of window tint to limit the amount of light which can come into the cabin.

Back