windscreen

nope for some reason i dont have it whitch is strange i normally always ask for it

Swift charged me £75 and one No Claims Bonus. Which is ridiculous. I was fuming. Tried to tell me that all insurance groups do it which is rubbish! never heard that in my life

Swift charged me £75 and one No Claims Bonus. Which is ridiculous. I was fuming. Tried to tell me that all insurance groups do it which is rubbish! never heard that in my life

Yes, Swiftcover are one of these oddball insurers that state that NCD will be unaffected if the windscreen is able to be repaired, which they pay for you as long as it's with Autoglass. If it requires replacement, then your NCD will remain the same at renewal, i.e. they will dock you one year.

Windscreens are one of those scenarios where it's always best to ring for an individual quote and weight it up against the excess and the possibility of NCD being effected if you are with Swift. They are quite unusual with their windscreen cover, something which I have heard mentioned quite a few times in the past.

As an example, Swift windscreen excess is £65. Say Autoglass quote you £120 to replace the windscreen, that's an effective £55 claim to the insurer, (£120-£65).
What you have to ask yourself in these situations is, is that £55 claim going to cost you in the long run, especially so since you would lose another years NCD on another claim.

Yes, Swiftcover are one of these oddball insurers that state that NCD will be unaffected if the windscreen is able to be repaired, which they pay for you as long as it's with Autoglass. If it requires replacement, then your NCD will remain the same at renewal, i.e. they will dock you one year.

Windscreens are one of those scenarios where it's always best to ring for an individual quote and weight it up against the excess and the possibility of NCD being effected if you are with Swift. They are quite unusual with their windscreen cover, something which I have heard mentioned quite a few times in the past.

As an example, Swift windscreen excess is £65. Say Autoglass quote you £120 to replace the windscreen, that's an effective £55 claim to the insurer, (£120-£65).
What you have to ask yourself in these situations is, is that £55 claim going to cost you in the long run, especially so since you would lose another years NCD on another claim.

Guess I should have thought of that. That's two insurers now I'll never go back to. Endsliegh being the other one.

phoned a few places yesterday autoglass wanted £455 to supply and fit
i foust one that will supply and fit for £100 where do autoglass pull that number from!!!

LOL, guy must have been on crack. That's a load of tosh right there......even my heated front screen was 1/2 that.

Back