winding back the kilometre reading

mik

» CMF Member
yup as frank just said, its pretty easy. i made mine to 1 too :D
its not illegal to do it, its just illegal to say it has that much miles/kilometres, when you would sell the car.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
on imports absolutely, when I bought my skyline, there were like 20 skylines in the yard, all with 50,000 give or take 100km's, what do you think the chances of that actually happening lol

Locally delivered cars are a little harder to do since there is histroy of the vehicle registered in australia (normally).

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"on imports absolutely, when I bought my skyline, there were like 20 skylines in the yard, all with 50,000 give or take 100km's, what do you think the chances of that actually happening lol

Locally delivered cars are a little harder to do since there is histroy of the vehicle registered in australia (normally).

actually there is a weird thing with imports from japan. the anual checks for the cars in japan are so strict that most japanese people have to get a new car after 20k miles, so often imports are all the same milage.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
yeah, i know where you are coming from, however the one i bought has all the tell tail signs of a wind back...

Doesn't help either when you pop the bonnet and the 100,000 service sticker is on the Cam cover either lol.

The dealer is known for it as well. Its interesting, Japanese auction houses have started fitting the odometers with tamper proof speedos, basically its like a die bomb for a speedo, if it gets rotated the wrong way it blows up and blanks the odometer to signal that its been tampered with.

I haven't seen any of these devices yet, but have heard from friends in japan that 34's are getting em now *shrugs*

Not exactly sure how you'd go about putting them in either, but interesting none the less.

Back