The little Red tank is currently unwell

Clutch cable snaped got her towed home got a new clutch cable what started out as a simple clutch cable replacement is now got me stumped -_- got both ends hooked up and the gearbox end has an adjustable side so I tried to get all the tension in the cable did that but now the clutch pedal won't spring Backup ideas???

Here's how the old one looked and I'll post a newer update tomorrow once this issue is solved changing the oil filter new powersteering belt then fixing a leak issue if this goes well I'll keep posting updates cheers in advance guys and girls

Attachments

• 1388806947633.jpg
    1388806947633.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 220
When you press the pedal it pulls the fork but doesn't spring back?

Has the release bearing come off the fork?

Not sure if it's possible.... might be a way to peek inside and have a look @frank ? :)

When you press the pedal it pulls the fork but doesn't spring back?

Has the release bearing come off the fork?

Not sure if it's possible.... might be a way to peek inside and have a look @frank ? :)
sounds plausible to me :), the thrust bearing retaining clips are very fragile
is the arm springy ?

I can move it towards the windscreen a couple of inches and if I left go it springs back but the clutch cable itself I belive is were the problem lies I'll be at the car after my Haynes manual has finished printing lol ill take more pics and post them in a couple of mins so u guys can see the issue

mine has about 10mm of slack on the arm (then 50mm ish of working movement) and i can just about unhook the arm end with moderate force, without having to slacken the cable

haha me beeing a noob never mind i got everything sorted now guys just gotta find a leak and plug it give the little tank a full clean, but no fear my tank is near :p

Righto guys clutch cable sorted new oilfilter on and powersteering belt sorted took the car out for a little run and lost all gears whilst driving same as what happend before driving sweet as a nut then couldn't put her into any gear anyone have any ideas on a possible fix cheers again guys appreciate the help

Not atall no sound I had the guy who towed me back to the fort have a look he said it's something to do with were the clutch cable sits on the bracket near to the clutch arm he mentioned putting another rubber ring and a washer onto the clutch cable and move it behind the bracket it's so confusing haha

You need the rubber and metal washer on the bulk head side of the bracket, or the whole cable, inner and outer will move with the pedal = no gear selection.

So this is what she's looking like I managed to get the rubbers in with some elbow grease

Attachments

• 1389619498243.jpg
    1389619498243.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 190
Will be later on had a new rubber made with a washer for it as the rubber keeps sliding so will post a video later when she's running

See I wasn't sure about taking the rubber off the plastic but cheers again also after I managed to get the clutch cable sorted she wouldn't start so I found the dead spark and decided why not so putting new plugs and leads so only thing left is the oil filter then it's time to work on the interior

Cars now running how ever iv noticed now why the cables such a pain due to the clutch beeong warn it's gotta be tightend to the max so I'm thinking clutch plates had it so all good best thing about micras parts are cheap lol new clutch beeing deliverd soon

Back