TB inlet dimentions?

inductionfitted.jpg

Need to get a cold air feed on, but so far so good.
I've collected various bits over the years- and basically this kit has cost me £4 to make up so far!

Elbow from Seicento induction kit, ally pipe from a civic intercooler system, various joining hoses and adapters from random kits I've fitted for other people that were left over, and the filter is from a mk5 fiesta kit.

Going to pinch a pipe for the air feed from an industrial vacuum cleaner that's going in the bin at work :laugh:

Having spent the last two years messing about with baby fiats, I think I can say that this has been the most succesful filter kit I'v knocked up so far - really smooths out the revs, and the car wants to pull a lot harder in every gear (Y)
Should be interesting to see how it performs with some proper cold air fed to it :grinning:

My only concern is with the piping from the pcv valve which used to connect to the bottom of the airbox - for now I've clamped it up a little, but should I blocking this pipe up?

do you mean the pipe tha attatches to the rocker cover if so no it needs to be able to breath mate

Not the big one - that's the oil breather, and as you can see in the pic, I've got that covered.

This is a tiny wee pipe, about 2-3mm internal diameter that was connected to the bottom of the airbox.
It connects to the PCV valve (whatever that is), but the haynes is not very clear about it's purpose.
Only thing that seems to happen if I leave this pipe totally open is the idle speed drops by about 150-200rpm - with it clamped slightly the idle seems to stay normal.

Back