stupid shocks!!!!!

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
try to undo the top bolts inside the rose thing and it just rotates in the shock . do i need new ones or can i some how stop it rotateing?

just wang them into a garage lol. 5minutes and jobs a goodun. thats all i do. its just easier and less time consuming than doing them myself.

dan

you really don't need to put them into a garage! I use a dog leg spanner and an adjustable spanner on the shock part.

as moddedmicra said, i'd suggest using an offset spanner on the nut and a small adjustable spanner holding the middle shock shaft After (importantly) using a spring compressor to safely unload the nut and make removal easier (or else the nut would be hard to remove whilst loaded and then you'd get half a spring in ur face)

if you don't have a compressor, you could alternatively refit the strut back onto the chassis and hub and put a jack under the lower hub balljoint to compress the spring then undo the nut above before gently lowering the jack to seperate the upper spring cap from the strut assembly.

Back