So how heavily can we actually rev our micras?

This has been coming up alot in conversations with me friends lately,

(It even got called a girls car yesterday but he drives a corsa....lol)

On to the point i have the 1l cg10 (magnificano engine) and im wondering how high it can be pushed without wrecking the engine because i get some mixed oppinions on this :)

And tbh you guys are msc, you oppinion over theirs haha!

Hehe thats what i told me mates, i know you can get to 6.9k off stock internals i think? which is why i think revving the motor to max wont really hurt it as such, but i could be completely wrong :)

There's a red line there for a reason, and there's a rev-limiter there for a reason. If you wanna push your car to impress a bunch of testosterone intoxicated numptys then you can. But if you stretch the #### out of your cam chains in the process you'll have a micra that's just as noisey, just as rattley as every bag of #### corsa ever made. I don't know who designed those corsa engines but i have only ever come across two that don't sound like a washing machine filled with nuts & bolts. I much prefer the old-school generation of vauxhalls, GM's penny pinching has compromised too much on the modern line-up. In my oppinion anyway, i'm sure others have different takes on it. :p

Hehe they do indeed sound strange do the corsa's, the micra chain aint bad for being revved though because its not majorly long, it certainly has great potential, and i rarely heavily rev my car like that ^^, but alot of people i know think the micra just cant rev at all lol.

Yes, my 1.0 did 8.000rpm all the time, and no problems. Now its back to stock, but the engine is in great shape...

Whaaa, were you running the engine stock with the limiter removed or were you running upg cams and upg pistons etc etc...

8K is mad in my eyes, whats the stock cg10 do on its own? 6k rpm?

the cg13 and cg10 both have the same limiter as far as i know around 6950ish rpm? 8k isnt a problem for the 1.0s they are more forgiving than the 1.3

Whaaa, were you running the engine stock with the limiter removed or were you running upg cams and upg pistons etc etc...

8K is mad in my eyes, whats the stock cg10 do on its own? 6k rpm?

8.000rpm on a 1.0 its not that much. I used to have many mods, you can see my 1.0 blog, i had 1.3 cams and Janspeed exhaust.

Stock Revlimiters:

1.0 Pre-Facelift: 6.900rpm
1.0 Facelift: 6.900rpm
1.3 Pre-Facelift: 6.800rpm
1.3 Facelift: 6.650rpm

I couldnt resist to share with you another example of high revs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kOjsU2_y6U

This is one of my other projects and it is powered by an OLD VW boxer 4 sylinder engine that as a original engine in its 2.0 liter form it has a rev limit if 5600 rpms
Its present edition is a 2.7 l engine pumping out 250 Hp
In this particular track event i rev it to 8200 rpm.

So evrything is relative and who is to say that any engine can not be thrashed severely without dying....ha.ha.ha

o_O Didn't realise it was up to 6900 RPM on 1.0 box, only thought it was 6k lol, for a stock car though it really is great, theres like a couple of roads surrounding the little town i live in, and theres nice little streches where i tend to do 0-60 runs all the time (Its often always empty too! with a speed limit of 60, so accelerating the micra to attack speed is apserlutely fun!)

I try alot of revving it to the max then shifting, but i find towards the end of the revs it looses some of the original torque i think (But after reading ebb thread if i take the nissan stock piping resonator thingy off, some more torques should be generated at high end :D)

So far my dodgey held together wing hasn't fallen off! hah.

I have a standard 1.3 that has covered 116,000 miles and we have been running this with the rev limiter removed for the last 4 - 5000 miles. It does not burn hardly any oil and sounds as good now as when it was new. The car is used for competition and general fun and is often pushed to the limit ( Ask Garaint at Mayes Motorsport, I took him for a run in the car the other day ). The fuel cut off comes in at around 7800rpm

The limiter on mine was removed early on & was thrashed remorselesly & it got extra treatment when I knew it was coming out...but I couldn't break it.Made to be revved..Will remove it in my new engine once I've run it in a bit..
Enjoy yourself you can get a used engine driven by a granny for £50 ;)

Haha wow, these are actually true built cars then, not just the same out trash a company puts out, need to fix me fuel economy now, but yeah, this things an apserlute maniac, street drivings fun too if you ever want to just mess around with it, take it round a corner, foot down, revvvv :D,

This is exactly the reason why i wana keep my 1.0 running its best haha, she may be old, be she mighty alright :D

not too sure about the 6800rpm limiter on the pre face lift.. cause im fairly certain i revved mine over that earlier (was just a smidge under 7k)

not too sure about the 6800rpm limiter on the pre face lift.. cause im fairly certain i revved mine over that earlier (was just a smidge under 7k)

My SR was NIStune set to 7.300rpm but on the cluster it says 7.500rpm, so dont believe on the cluster...

I have a standard 1.3 that has covered 116,000 miles and we have been running this with the rev limiter removed for the last 4 - 5000 miles. It does not burn hardly any oil and sounds as good now as when it was new. The car is used for competition and general fun and is often pushed to the limit ( Ask Garaint at Mayes Motorsport, I took him for a run in the car the other day ). The fuel cut off comes in at around 7800rpm

does the fuel cut off come in automatically? does the 1.3 prefacelift still create power after 6800? wanna remove mine but only if there is a significant gain?

awesome, makes sense now! why do u think it does this?

Must be the same as the speedometer, it has some error when compared to a GPS.

Analog stuff = less accurate

does the fuel cut off come in automatically? does the 1.3 prefacelift still create power after 6800? wanna remove mine but only if there is a significant gain?

The fuel cut not always come at the same rpm, depends on the load of the engine. And i think that a stock 1.3 does make power at that rpm but the torque is low, saw some friends doing a dyno to their SuperS's and the power starts rise a bit slower than before 6.300rpm...

Back