Shocks and springs install

Hi all, just looking for any hints and tips on shocks and spring installations. I have spring compressors and a ramp, was just wondering what I need to pay attention to etc...

Hi all, just looking for any hints and tips on shocks and spring installations. I have spring compressors and a ramp, was just wondering what I need to pay attention to etc...

If its parts that havnt been off the car before bud id soak them overnight with light oil or WD40 something like that to try and make life easier.

The front strut top bolts are normally a bit of a pain & its easier if you can crack them off when they are still on the car as they are held in place.

(if they are really solid & you dont have an impact gun take them to a garage before you start & ask them to nip them off, tighten them back up with a spanner for the drive home then you know you wont have any trouble :))

Ideal, I have an impact wrench and also a breaker bar, but hopefully it won't reach that stage haha. Are the rears jut literally a couple of bolts?

Skinner! How do I get the rear nuts off for the damper, it's rotating and a socket won't fit and a spanner will round it off? Help me? Cheers

Don't worry guys sorted it. The stroke was spinning with the bit and the flats were rounding off. Sorted it with a pair of mole grips now haha. Thanks anyway guys! Will post back when I get stuck with the fronts ;)

Don't worry guys sorted it. The stroke was spinning with the bit and the flats were rounding off. Sorted it with a pair of mole grips now haha. Thanks anyway guys! Will post back when I get stuck with the fronts ;)

You'll need them grips again on the tab on the top of the front strut top nut mate :)

Back