Rough riding

I have a consistent problem with vibration from the steering. This has happened for all the time i have owned the car. I have had the front wheels rebalanced about 15 times in the past two years, but there is always this 'pulsing' feeling from the steering. is it normal for a micra to feel every slight imperfection in the road surface or have i got a fault?
Thank you.

Well the ride on Micras isn't the best in the world, but it shouldn't be that bad, especially if you've already had the wheels balanced fwn. Maybe the car has been in an accident or knock of some sort, damaging something to do with the steering. A mate of mine had a similar problem on his K11, but I can't remember what he did to solve it. I'll try to find out for you

jacking each corner up and running it through the gears should highlight which side , or where the problem is

Well the ride on Micras isn't the best in the world

You sure i've had four and there was nothing wrong with any of their ride quality, i'd give you a list as long as my arm for what they are better than but in all honesty i can't be bothered

I didn't say it was the worst though Karl. I've driven quite a few (a couple recently in my search for a new one), and they just seem to pick up quite a few bumps

spin each wheel n check for unevenly binding brakes that grab at a certain point. also check the wheel centre is sitting central n tight on the hub. stock brake discs yeah?

i think it could be worn ball joints or something! my dads car does this at low speeds and the steering wheel pulses left to right all the time

ah i see new tires and its sorted then? but at higher speeds its less maybe because of the centrifugal forces etc... basically an off round tire

Back