resoldering the throttle body

Manny

Ex. Club Member
hi guys im having idle issues its not got a steady idle. revs drops down and up. has anyone tried resoldering the throttle body guide and sorted the problem?

i thought there was a guide for this already, but just looked and cant see it. i have hered that it works, but having a k10 i have never tried it. im sure one of the k11 crew will be along soon

i thought there was a guide for this already, but just looked and cant see it. i have hered that it works, but having a k10 i have never tried it. im sure one of the k11 crew will be along soon

ive just added the guide.

anyone else done this and it sorted out their idle hesitation?

Had the same problem with my 1994 Super S, it used to judder while idle, and had a few misfires and stalls (3months apart). 2 days ago after driving out of my driveway it stalled and wouldnt start. So i thought id try the resoldering guide because i new it was to do with the throttle body, followed the guide from the cisco micras's website and only re-heated the points with the most cheapest soldering iron (£3) cleaned it as much as i could (way too dirty), sealed the unit with common bathroom sealant (dont be shy at all) and installed it back again in 20mins. Now i get perfect idle at around 800 - 900rpm compared to before was around 300-400rpm and shaking like a bus.

Im well happy especially because my Super S died in the worst possible time, Final year exams! dont have to take the bus this time haha :grinning:

Now the only thing left to do to her is get rid off all the 50-60% rust on it, dont know how yet? oh well (me researching online........)

Back