• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Replacement remote disabled old remote.

Hey guys.

I have a problem with my remote in my 2002 K11.

When I bought the car last year, it came with a destroyed remote. The chip was missing a good 50% of its board.

I then called a locksmith and for a mere 100 quid, he made a new remote. I later found out that I could buy one for 8 quid on Ali express and do the 6x ignition 3x combination in the blank remote.

The remote this locksmith made was from some VW and it was awful to have it hanging on the keyring so I got this Ali one and programmed it myself with the ignition trick.

However, this disabled the old VW remote and I am kinda lost. I need two remotes as my Mrs forgets the key inside the car at least once a month and the keyhole itself is not in its best shape as its 22 years old now and the previous owner didn't have a remote for many years.

What gives? Why was the other remote disabled when I programmed it? Is there anything I can do to avoid this disabling?

Programming removes all the old keys. You can just learn both keys after eachother. After you learned the first key the hazards flash once. Then you can do the 2nd key.

Back