Remote Brake Servo - Fitting

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Has anyone fitted one. I am quite happy with fitting my new remote servo all except the vacuum valve that servos have connect via the inlet manifold. I do not have an inlet manifold as such due to the ITB's so is there anywhere else anyone could suggest taking the vacuum feed from or try?

Thanks

Paul

Not to a K11 no, but fitted plenty to jaguars.

I think we had a brief conversation regarding vacuum take-offs earlier in the year. I would highly recommend rigging up individual runner vacuum points and combining them to form a common vacuum takeoff, (easily done with some silicone pipe and a few T's). Individual vacuum points will allow you to easily balance the throttles when needed, allow an even vacuum supply to the servo, (all 4 cylinders instead of just 1), and also provide a good vacuum supply to the fuel pressure reg.

I don't run on a servo but I run individual vacuum takeoff's on each inlet runner and have never had any running issues. Also, when the throttles get a little out of sync, (and they often do), it's a 5min job to set them using a set of vacuum gauges.

This is the best method of ensuring everything is and stays balanced and should help you overcome those mapping issues you have been experiencing :)

Back