rally cams....

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
... finaly got round to fitting them but now my car aint quite running right revs dip way to much or revs by its self way to high is the timimg off do you think i can provide a vid

they are the rally cams paul off matt the 773 cams so they are a direct fit and everything was like new when we took the old cams out

frank im not sure my friend knew what he was doing and he says they seem right i have a daft lil vid to show you guys

yes you will get a lumpy tickover like that kenny, and i doubt you will get it below 8-900 without stalling, its caused by the reversion/backflow in the inlet manifold (by the late inlet valve closing) :)

So are they ok other than that? Performance gains etc?

That sounds like a beast with that gargly tickover mmm tasty :)

any links mate yea i have the second facelift micra 1.4 cga engine so if you have the cg then it mightnt be any good for me

lol just need my ecu next so i can get the best gains from her and bed them in a lil bit

dont worry about ragging it kenny, none of my engines have gone bang yet :p (and thats with a 275deg cam)
and have you got a mad induction roar now ? :eek:

havnt tried to boot it yet frank as it keeps on feeling like its going to stall when it idles and wont pull away properly unless i have 2k revs on so they might be getting took back out

havnt tried to boot it yet frank as it keeps on feeling like its going to stall when it idles and wont pull away properly unless i have 2k revs on so they might be getting took back out

nooo kenny :eek: , check the valve timing first, those 773,s are only 256deg are,nt they ? a 1.4 should,nt bog down with those (especially with a stock f/w)
you can imagine what my 1.0 was like with the 275deg cam and 4kg f/w eh fwn

well spoke to matt h on the phone and he says that it sounds like the timimg is out so a friend of mine from work he is a fully qualified mechanic he is gong to have a look at them tomorrow for me

Attachments

• PICT0455.JPG
    PICT0455.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 274
  • PICT0458.JPG
    PICT0458.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 296
any links mate yea i have the second facelift micra 1.4 cga engine so if you have the cg then it mightnt be any good for me

At the moment, NIStune is only available for Facelift1, Pre-Facelift is under development, and Facelift2 i dont know, try to talk to NIStune... (Y)

well guys im back and the cams are sorted now idles spot on now my so called friend that supposidly knew what he was doing obviously didnt know as he didnt set my timimg back up correctly now i just have to bed them in a little bit then find out where the power is they do feel differant to the standard ones im not 100% convinced that they are in correctly again as with the standard cams in when i put my foot down you got flung bk in the chair with these rally ones i havnt felt any of that yet

The power band will be a lot further up, so there'll be no torque or power low down, where the standard cams will be best.

I think they powerband will be around 4500 - 7500 ish

thats a real shame as i thought it would have been best to have the power lower down so when you put your foot down it pulls you away think im best off with the standard cams rather than the rally cams will put her on a dyno see what differance it has made proberly nothing as i honestly feel like they are holding the power back

i do drive the car right mate it seems to struggle to get any power or give any pull

if im driving and i want to over take on the motor way when im in 4th i would have to drop down to second with the rally cams yet if i had the standard ones in i would only have to drop down to 3rd and would pull away sopt on

773 Rally cams

Hi Mate

I have lots of these cams and not had any problems. It sounds like the valve timing is still not right. You might have to bight the bullit and take the oil pump off and timing everything up from scatch.

Back