Quick question regarding headlight painting...

Just a quick one, I've seen all the guides & everything. Just wondered, when painting the lights, can you paint the indicator & side light recesses or must these be kept silver? In other words, is it legal?

Think I've seen side light section painted before, but never the indicators?

I painted my indicator recesses black but I have an orange indicator bulb and it still shines very bright.

Any trouble with MOTs? Any pics? Be interesting to see all the different headlights,especially for myself the facelift ones. Wanted to paint the side light & indicator recesses black, but nobody seems to do it?

I have a pre-facelift and painted the whole light black except the reflector behind the main bulb.

I doubt it'd be a problem with MOT since the light is still bright and very much orange :D

I have a pre-facelift and painted the whole light black except the reflector behind the main bulb.

I doubt it'd be a problem with MOT since the light is still bright and very much orange :D

Yeah, that was my thought too... Just not seen it done and I wondered if there was a reason? Would judt be useful to see how they look with indicator section done so I can decide if I wanna go that way or not?

Failing there being a pic of a facelift available would you have a pic of your lights to hand Skymera, just for the jist like?

Oh, spit the glass fro the casings today... Wow, so scary! The glue was like cheese though, real stringy... That normal? Gonna trim it all off, clean it up with a blade I think, just so the new sealant gets a better grip like...

L.Williams said:
how do you paint the inside ? how do you remove hem properly and dismantle ?

I put my headlights in the oven to soften the glue and then prised the glass off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Back