Quick question! :D

Optispart

Ex. Club Member
I know this has been covered before a few times but i just want to clarify and make sure,

If i put on my janspeed manifold and keep the middle cat on will i fail my emissions test?

Its going on on saturday so just want to know thanks guys!

what about the other way round...would a cat abck fail the mot? because that eliminates the second cat but i believe the one on the manifold is the most important

yea every year for the mot, saves messin around tryin to convince youself that ther is away to get it through lol "just a little bit mooor red x" lol

a used to get a friend who owns a garage to do it wink wink :wasntme: but for reasons he carnt do it anymore

i mite just come out with it at the garage as its a small one and say if its close ill give you 20 quid too pass it lmao
if not i dont know what to do lol.

what about the other way round...would a cat abck fail the mot? because that eliminates the second cat but i believe the one on the manifold is the most important

Having just the main manifold one on the car will pass fine - my old micra had the janspeed de-cat and that worked ok :)

dont sell the manni!!!! keep it! am shure u can bribe someone

Actually you can't, it's on computers now so you can't get around it any way. However I haver heard of plugging it into a different car for the emmisions or heating up the cat with a blowtorch

if it fails just say its failed because of the manifold, and you couldnt be arsed to take it off lol, just tell him to hook the emmsions tester on another petrol car so its got a normal read out....its been known :)

Back