Quick Question - ABS!

I'm sure ABS was an option on the last of the K11 models. The earlier versions had discs as there was no solution for drums at the time, but they seemingly found a solution.......again it's not a common thing to find due to cost.

bol****s I will look into a rear disc conversion then.. and adding ABS... I have shoes at the back... cheers

finding k11 rear calipers is a mission in itself, then the rear axle for the conversion, and then plumbing in the ABS now that is a mission!!

They've done a few competition Micras before.. if the man gave me his word then lets see if he can live up to it... we'll see... I hardly have time for these things.. so tied up with work and voluntary work at the homeless soup kitchen... busyyyyy

facelift micra's that had abs didn't have rear discs, just drums, it would be possible to do, but a major head ache. the brake pipes in the engine bay will be the worst job, maybe engine out!!!!
so to sum it up you'd need all the following off an abs equiped k11.
complete rear axle (might get away with just hubs and plate back if staying with drums), all abs sensors and wires, front hubs to bolt the sensors in, outer cv joints, servo and master cylinder?, abs control unit, all brakepipes from under bonnet, and fingers crossed if the under bonnet wiring is standard for abs.
i may have missed a few things out, but that is most of what you'd need.

affraid not... I had the engine.. then decided to buy the shell as well.. but from what Ive been reading its easier to mod a 1.3

mechanic never mentioned the shell...

Back