Question for those of you riding on King Springs

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Bah I may as well say what I'm thinking.

I don't like the whiteline adjustable rear panhard rod. I don't like it at all.

I think it is too strong.

The standard panhard rod should be able to crumple/bend in the event of a sideways-moving accident with something solid. It should be able to take a fair bit of the impact's force in an attempt to not damage the floorpan. Plus it is lighter than the whiteline replacement which although a small benifit is worth mentioning. It is also very plain and doesn't attract attention, unlike the bulky big whiteline job which looks fantastic.

If you were to accidently strike something solid, like a gutter, with a whiteline panhard rod installed where do you think the force would go? The rear axle is built like a brick ****house, it isnt about to absorb any force of impact. The whiteline panhard rod is also meaty and not about to bend. All the force of the accident is going to go straight into the chassis.

That is not good. I'm not a perfect driver and accidents happen even when you're behaving yourself as I've experienced once before. That is why I think I'll see if it is safe to shorten the standard panhard to the required length.

Oh, I will be using a a small metal fabrication shop close to me who work with alot of structural components so they're qualified to determine whether we can cut the end off the factory panhard and shorten it to the required length. :)

Cheerio chaps.

Attachments

• 11542.jpg
    11542.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 21

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh ordinarily I wont worry about it if i had the standard swaybar.

But to be honest, I don't think I can go back to the original extension lead. lol

its like the front tyres have developed claws. I love it.

Back