Possibly my new subwoofer.....

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
The RE XXX 2006 Edition.....******* mahoosive. This is a picture of the 12" version next to a 'normal' 10" subwoofer. They dont even offer it in 10" form as the magnet is too big:

rexxx.jpg

The new XXX has a peak to peak excursion of 10cm (5cm each way), are you ready for this? And I'm going to need 2-3kwrms to power the beast (Y)

Btw, the owner of the 'Skymera' already has one on order ;)

my mate had 2 of the 2005 re xxx 12"...they was very loud.so i can imagine what that would be like
edit: very heavy too

knew they were big just not had anything to scale it to b4 bloody hell how much it set u back...n isnt that just gonna kill ur alternator+battery...lol

Fordy said:
whats cheaper 2 off them bad boys or a set of coilovers?

Coilovers are cheaper, I wont need them with one of these in the back :laugh:

Zephyr: Yep, would be running with 2 batteries in the boot (plus one up front just for engine) and possibly 200amp alternator

nismo_k12: For sealed, yes, for meaty ported, yes, just. Back seats 'might' come out though

micra man: Just a bit, I'll try and find some videos from people that already own them in America

mike: Why fankoo matey ;) :)

Gemma85: All in the aid of SQ, just the ability to control the bass and increase it when needed ;)

Arnold: 24" High or something stupid :wow:

RIK: 26kg each iirc, mohahaha

Ahem :blush:

I'll keep you posted :)

lol nailing all q's in the one post but u never said how much it costs for one of those delivered? n how u gonna get a 200amp alt? i b interested in that i asked guys on here b4 bout a bigger alt but no replies...:(

lol Pete your 0-60 has just gone up a further 10 seconds!

nah seriously being a bass nut myself you know you have to do it! Will you have it by JAE?

Kev

Zephyr said:
lol nailing all q's in the one post but u never said how much it costs for one of those delivered? n how u gonna get a 200amp alt? i b interested in that i asked guys on here b4 bout a bigger alt but no replies...:(

A company in the USA can custom wind alternators to give 200 amp output. rrp of the subwoofer I believe will be £600.......but due to contacts I'm hoping this will be much cheaper.

"lol Pete your 0-60 has just gone up a further 10 seconds!"

I'm not totally sure this will be going into the micra tbh. If the 200SX S14a plan kicks into life, it'll be running ported into the cabin.

Grant, they are rated at a conservative 2kwrms I believe but will take 3kwrms+ all day without breaking a sweat.

I'm not totally sure whether its the final plan yet though, but its just something that is being dealt with atm.

Btw, the owner of the 'Skymera' has sold it and now has a Mondeo ST220, and some how he's got his hands on the new XXX and had it installed for Donny! (Did you guys see it?!). He's the only one with it in hte UK, its not even available yet.......

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/13e7&urlhint=actn,del:s,1:f,0

Those focal amps arnt available yet either, lucky person! :wow:

Back