Photo's

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hey guys

I've gotten a decent camera and wanting to get into photography...

Now with editing the photo (read: altering the levels) I've run into the problem of noise throughout the image...

To those in the know, how can I avoid noise in the photo's?

Here's an example: Look at the bullbar right near the indicator...

Seano

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
image noise comes straight from the images sensor in the camera, some sensors are worse than others. You usually get image noiose in low light images, like the one above. Whenever i get excessive noise, its almost always becuase of the camera's ISO setting. Set it too the lowest iso you can, usuahlly 100ISO, if no luck then i'll retake the photo with the longest exposure possible (may need tripod)without a tridpod dependent on focal length of lens 1/60th of a second. Or try closing the aperture (use a larger number, like f/8/16/22) down as much as possible without cmera shake from slow shutter speeds,

however some images will always have noise because of the large dynamic range of the scene,

but by the looks of here > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons40/
you can't do anything manual, so forget everything i said earlier :p, use it on timer to eliminate camera shake, use a tripod or sit it on something/anything (be creative) and then try out all the different modes to see what works best, i'd give slow shutter a go. but any scenes that arn't being lit by sunlight/shaded may have turn out with nasty image noise,

Alex

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
what alex said..heh

seriously though my camera doesnt see noise until i start using iso 800+..ie where i start to really notice it

canon's usualy have auto 50 100 200..

use 50, get it stable, use the timer..should be ok

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
lmao, you got some J-SPEC chrome handles you wana sell to mighty? yep cannon are good for high iso. mines noo good at anything but 100ISO unfortunatly, have to carry a tripod everywhere :D keeps ya fit,

Alex

cisco

» CMF Member
hahah ive just worked out what the bug is :) pfft hahahahah

i'll have to fix it. SO EASY TO FIX> just never occured to me :)

Back