Panhard rod bolts

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Anybody know what the diameterof the shank on the bolts that go through the bushes that fix the panhard rod to the body?

Cheers, Mark.

are u replacing the whole lot mark, just get loads of wd40 on it and leave it to soak for few hours, failling that get the stilsons and breaker bar no it!

I'm going to be making an adjustable panhard rod. I'm going to use a rose joint at one (or possibly both) end(s) I'm deciding if I will use a joint sized to the diameter of the bolts or a larger one with a ruducing collar. Not really having much time for getting down and dirty at the mo I wondered if someone knew the diameter of the bolts.

And yeah, I will be removing the whole lot at some point. I have seen in other threads that it can be a bit traumatic.

i was going to use kart rosejoints mark (but my rusted on panhard rod was having none of it :doh:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10552.JPG
    SDC10552.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 286
Is it 18mm on the body and 15mm on the axle?

The way I was thinking Frank is that if I used the same size joint as the existing bolt, they would be as strong as the existing fixing. Though the bolts in shear would probably actually have to be thicker for the same strength than the joint in tension, I think.

yeh those 10mm ones are,nt man enough probably eh mark, especially the axle end which is only bracketed on one side eh :eek:

Back