Panda is Overheating!

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
The last few weeks my temp gauge has stopped working, it was when i had the dials out to do some painting (i have checked the plugs on the dials since at the back and there all plugged in)

When i get to high revs i can smell this super ''engine is hot!'' kinda smell and doesnt seem to healthy, its usually worse in 1st gear.. i dont wanna blow a hole in anything so has anyone got an idea what i could try? :D

(Yes there is water and coolant in.. lol)

:)

Air lock? Thermostat stuck closed?

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Thermostat dont come any simpler

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Try some dials with a working temp gauge?

Do the usual, coolant levels etc. Feel both rad hoses, are both hot? or one warm/cold?

If you're worried about it take thermostat out and leave it out...done that on loads of my cars before...

sent using the send button. .....

follow the pipe from the top of the rad.. its where it connects to the engine there are 3 bolts to remove the thermostat cover

if you got overheating in your car....

if this needle is about to go up then you need to stop this engine. you need to check around with these radiator (is the level right?), coolant reservoir tank (is the level right?), rad's hose pipes (check if there any burst or not).....

before you find out...... was this radiator and coolant reservoir tank low level? if yes then you need to do what stani said it earlier.... you will be okay :)

if its not low level then it could be thermostat stuck, worn out water pump, blocked radiator and faulty fan...... check with these parts... i know that my car will get overheating soon cos my water pump is going to be worn out soon. i need to change it asap!

you could take all these dirt coolant out then put fresh one in. :D

i do remember that you get windy noises sometimes. it might be slighty worn out water pump... have you change new belts as well?... did you change it before? ( i haven't so i need to change it asap!:mad::rolleyes:)

Yea it is, the cam cover is usually quite hot and can feel a temp change if i put my hand on the bonnet, as i say tho it hasnt always done this
I would try the thermostat quick if it was my motor, thermostats will go quick some will go slow. BUT, the weather has just warmed up eh? I get the feeling there may be a little bit of a link between the two. Happened on the turbo. Just remove it actually, someone said before. At least then you can see if it cools the system down... then if it does replace the thermostat

I would try the thermostat quick if it was my motor, thermostats will go quick some will go slow. BUT, the weather has just warmed up eh? I get the feeling there may be a little bit of a link between the two. Happened on the turbo. Just remove it actually, someone said before. At least then you can see if it cools the system down... then if it does replace the thermostat
Right o mate, simple to get to then? is it in the Haynes?

i do remember that you get windy noises sometimes. it might be slighty worn out water pump... have you change new belts as well?... did you change it before? ( i haven't so i need to change it asap!:mad::rolleyes:)
Never changed anything like that mate, the ''windy'' noise in the end just happend to be the heat shield in the end :) il maybe take a look at the stat the weekend

well bloody easy mate

Attachments

• thermostat.png
    thermostat.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 250
if you take this thermostat out... send a pic on here to see if its good or bad thermostat..... (get black sealant with you too )

I stand corrected. Didn't realise you could.

That's an extreme example, never seen one like that :eek: Most times you can't tell visually. Put it in a pan of hot water on the stove and see if it opens

damn your right lol. my uncle told me that when i get overheating so he will check if its bad. it will need to be replace new one.

still its been for long time so its better for me to change new belts, water pump and thermostat. i wont get any problems in longer term. ( i dont mind about the money lol)

Back