Normal tuneup or dyno tuneup

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Depends really.
It will run a little bit lean due to increased air flow on the factory setup.
But a tune should optimise your mods and bring out the last few horses hiding in the engine.
If you have bigger plans in terms of mods i would wait but if thats all you have planned engine wise, its a good option.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Maybe just borrow a sniffer and go for a drive with it? I wouldnt be seeing a dyno for those mods unless it's running badly, and even then it probably wouldnt be a tune issue.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
You do not need a tune for it. I had the same mods on mine and it was fine. Spend 80 bucks throw it on the dyno and have then do a power run. This will give
You the power and also the AFR.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
As for what Grei said with it running lean I would be surprised if it's lean enough to cause any kind of damage at all. The leaner you can get it to run safely the more power you will have.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Don't need it mate. It's just something else that can go wrong. If your that worried and want to ease the mind take it to a tuner and get a Power run done. Only costs about 50-80 bucks and will know for sure

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
The only thing that you can do is adjust timing and increase fuel pressure. Mine was still running a little rich with full exhaust and intake but stock injectors. We even considered the upgraded TB to try and lean it out a little to get
More power. I really think it's over rated.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

"But, whoever the author of that article titled "$1500 power" suggested that a tuneup needed if u upgrade to a high flow cat .

Sik11.....ill go for a power graph thing n see if my mods r done properly

Years ago I put a set of hurricane headers and a 2" mandrel-bent system with a hi-flow cat on the micra I drive daily and didn't change any fuelling. For a couple of years I even had a cold air intake system on it, but use the stock intake on it now. At no point did I have any problems and the AFRs recorded while on the dyno were within safe ranges, and that was with the CAI.

Unless you're changing cams or something a bit more drastic, don't worry about it. At most, get your AFRs checked to put your mind at ease - that's what I did.

---dens

Back