non boot light to boot light... making it work?

Hello

Raided a 1.3 LX for some small interior bits the other day, two been the interior light and the surrounding carpet.

The loom and plug were there in my car already, however plugging the light in... it isn't coming on.

I also fitted a interior light trigger to the passanger side door as mine didn't have one... loom was there for that too, it worked.

Am I missing a fuse or what?

no, your missing the boot lock :D you need the lock from the tailgate the ones with the boot light have a switch on them so when the latch is shut it turns off the light

on the super s its done by magic. but on other models there is a loom :D id assume the connection is already in the tailgate though. i will have a look in my tailgate later, i dont have the panel on the inside of mine because it rattled to much with the heavy bass from my Wham cds.

It took me until a month or so ago to realise I had a boot light, I've had the car for 2 years and the bulb has been blown for longer :)

You will also need the boot lock for the pull lever thing to work on the tailgate as it has a little arm on the one with internal release where as the key release type does not. so if you didnt grab that, and fit all the cable and lever it still wont work.

im uploading pics for you to see. the loom in my one is different to a pre facelift, but there is a spare cable in one of the connections. there is a small section of loom in the tailgate, baout a foot long. id have thought the loom running into the tailgate is generic on all micras, and the small section is different depending on model. makes sense. pics on way :D

20120921_083358_zpsefe0c263.jpg

20120921_083350_zps71b41679.jpg

facelift loom connection
20120921_081121_zps516fbaa2.jpg

not spare cable on my tesco value spec, probably for the boot light.

standard key release boot lock, no little lever like the top pic for internal lever release
20120921_081036_zpse5c1b057.jpg

Thank you mate for the pics. I have got a boot and fuel cap release kit in a box, with everything so I am hoping the lock with the arm is going to be in there.... :|

wham CD's pmsl. Hopefully the loom will be in there... :O

I have the lock however no loom, and all the plugs that are in the bootlid are connected to things already so I think I need the loom.... :)

EDIT: Does any part of the loom connect onto the lock?

a closer look. tis the same type as the handbrake switch.
when the boots open, the spring pushes that black rod with the terminal prong onto the latch body = -ve ground, completes circuit & lights up the boot.
when the boot latch closes, the mechanism pushes the black rod & teminal away to break the circuit and turns the light off.

31683643.jpg

20120921_083358_zpsefe0c263.jpg

20120921_083350_zps71b41679.jpg

facelift loom connection
20120921_081121_zps516fbaa2.jpg

not spare cable on my tesco value spec, probably for the boot light.

standard key release boot lock, no little lever like the top pic for internal lever release
20120921_081036_zpse5c1b057.jpg
so this wil be what the wire was i ripped off as i took this out the boot door in the scrappy? oops i could of had a boot light lol

Yo hoop, you couldnt just re-upload the pic of the facelift loom connection, I cant see it, it might help me to once and for all figure out the parts I've got and finally fit the damn bootlight in my less-than-poverty spec facelift Micra. Like Johnbr6, I only found the cable that plugs into the light, I searched for more cables that might help but everything else is plugged up. I've also got the lock bit from a pre-facelift LX that had a bootlight but not the cable that came with it.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/bigmal_2006/20120921_081121_zps516fbaa2.jpg

try this link matey. note 4 wires in, only 3 wires out. i am only assuming the 4th is for the light. i can test it tomorow and let you know if it is for the light. i havent bothered fitting the light into mine yet, but as i have to adjust the striker again i mayaswell swap it over with the gear i have. i will see what i can come up with for retro fitting the early gear to a facelift, will chop some loom out of another one and see if i can fit a terminal with a good bit of cable still on it into the connector. cant see why not i have done it with the tail lights before.

Cheers. Just been lookcing for the boot lock thingy I pulled off some Micra some months back. It was a funky metallic Beige colour with an even more Caramac/Beige interior. It even had one of those rear ashtray things, which I GOTz.

I knew the boot light needed more than just the light part so I pulled off the lock mechanism from the lip of the boot, (but not from the boot itself) I saw the photo you put up, I do have a cable like that but did pay attention to the how many wires went in/out. I'll make sense of it one day.

oo. Hang on, the scrappies kept the bootlid of the Micra I got the bits from... meaning chance of getting loom = 100%!!! problem solved for me :D

off to make this happen! Got the entire loom out of the boot of the donor one... if I can't find a place to plug the lock loom onto my current one I'll just use the other complete loom :)

Right, with the pre-face lift K11's and the owners who wish to add a boot light (if they didn't come with them), then you will need to take the entire loom out of the donor Micra's boot lid, because there is no plug on the loom for the extra bit of wiring going to the boot lock itself.

Be careful as it is wiring so if forced there's a chance you could snap it. Sadly I did a mistake and went out in the pouring rain to get the loom. No patience so I cut off the bit for the heated rear screen... meaning I have to do some bodging now!!!!

THANK YOU HOOPDUB!!! Utter legend :D

DSCF11711.jpg

Back