no heating

R

rpgrainger

hi
i have just bought a 1.2 gs auto, but the heating is always cold....the hot and cold lever moves ok from hot to about two thirds of the way to cold......is there a way to get the heating to even warn as a tempory measure, like is there a valve somwhere i can adjust by hand.....
cheers
Rob

heating

Its usually that the cable that operates the heater box has become disconected at one end or the other. Have agood look under and inside the heater controls to try and see if the cable is moveing when you operate the lever.

Craig

cti i regularly employ on mine if it plays up is toove it on and off loads of times but aifor full whack hot at the heated windscreen that normally gets her cookin on gas!!!

read a haynes manual and it'll tell you how to set up the heater cables,

sometimes the clips that hold the cables can come off and the heater controller (bit with knobs on it) the plastic that the clip goes in can break like how my old one did,

just so you know there is 2 styles of clips i dont know what year they changed tho

If you want heat, make sure its set to footwells or windscreen and if you want cool air, set it to blow out the front. It should also be set to fresh air and not circulated.

Unless its broken in my car, i find the hot and cold fader doesnt do anything at all.

arnold is right about the vents, the face blowing vents only blow cold air no matter what the heat setting is on

Do you have oil in the cooling water? The oil can ensure that that remains open thermostat. Therefore the engine does not become warm.

My english is to bad sorry, check an clean the thermostat ;)

looks like it must be a clip missing as i can adjust the flap by hand and it works ok.......if i moe the lever forward and back the outer cable just moves.....
cheers
Rob

Back