New Micra owner with the usual questions help please

Hello
Just bought an S reg Micra 1.0s. I need steering in the right direction with these please
The head lights don't match one has clear glass and the other is the older patterned glass, should they be the same?
The main beam tell tail on the dash is on all the time?
Any ideas?

they should both be patterned glass.if not the beams will mismatch.id suggest a replacement patterned one from a breakers.although the clear glass one is prettier its likely a little more expensive and a bit rarer as its from a later model k11.
if the main beam idiot light is on constantly then either the indicator stalk is faulty,the full beam relay is faulty or possibly the full beam filament on 1 of the headlamp bulbs has bridged over onto the main beam filament.you havent stated though if the high beam itself is on constantly

Thanks I am going to have a good look tonight, I like the clear head light so its all down to if I can find one in a breakers?
Were is the full beam relay?

Changed the light switch now the full beams not sticking on but the main beam on one side wont come on? if I switch to high beam both supplies to the bulb are live is this correct?
If you look at the rear of the bulb top pin is earth and left and right are main and high beam? the connector is missing so its on individual connectors.

ok,sounds like a faulty bulb to me.off top of my head i cant remember which connectors are which.go to a scrappy and chop a connecting block off any car with H4 bulbs.and check the wire colours match from other side.

The live supply swaps from main beam to full. Not both that'll blow a bulb. It's likely you have something wrong with your wires there.

ok,sounds like a faulty bulb to me.off top of my head i cant remember which connectors are which.go to a scrappy and chop a connecting block off any car with H4 bulbs.and check the wire colours match from other side.
Tried another bulb still the same
Weres the relay?
Off to the scrappy in a day or two so will get one
Any ideas where I will get a wiring diagram of the lights?

easiest way to get the wiring diagram is in scrappy.look at another micra and note the wiring colours going to the block and then check they correspond to yours.
for the relay,off top of my head i cant remember if the relays on fuse panel at your right knee,or the one beside battery.something tells me its the fuse panel at your knee.so easy way to find it is to remove the cover and place your fingertip over each relay and flash the fullbeam.when you find the right one youll feel the click through your finger.
hope this helps

Back