Need some help with diagnosing an intermittent horn issue on my 2016 Nissan K13 šŸ˜…

Heya guys,

I was wondering if you guys have had an experience with fixing horn issues on these K13's, and the checks you'd recommend carrying out!

This issue occured randomly on Tuesday, just as I was about to leave the garage I work for, and give my colleagues the usual 'beep beep' farewell, the horn was completely dead.

I drove down to Halfords to have a look at something, and then when I left the parking lot, I pressed the horn once again, out of curiosity and it just worked?

Could this be a bad connection to the horn? Could it be the electromagnet getting stuck, due to it not being used often (drivers in Swansea aren't as mental as other parts šŸ˜†)? Or could it be something related to the clock spring / slip ring?

If you guys could throw some ideas into the mix, I would appreciate it! I'm an apprentice mechanic, and so I like learning from my own and other people's experience, so any wisdom would be helpful to me in many waysšŸ™

Back