need advice! (urgent)

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
i have too boot struts to fit on my bonnet as bonnet lifts.... no clue where to attach them! i have put about 4-5 holes into the bonnet and each time the bonnet wouldnt shut so its miss placement of the struts can someone help please..... (photos of past ones would help!!) please!

I've not seen it done. Which of course doesn't mean it's not possible.

Got any pics of where you're trying to attach these struts?

The problem is, a Micra bonnet wasn't designed for gas struts thus there is no room for the strut when it's closed.

You can see HoodedReepers just at the top of this pic mate to give you some idea

2011-07-27175508.jpg

Chris' strut is out to the side, not like how you're positioning yours in your photo. I'm assuming it'll shut without crushing the strut if you can mount it to the side like he has? :D

IMG_2973-1.jpg
16aadcz.jpg

your using a boot strut correct?

you have a small metal peice on one end with a bold hole correct ?

turn it 90 degrees clockwwise so that your strut is just on the outside of your bonnet

Use the bolt hole on your strut and use a bolt form your bonnet hinge to fasten to the bonnet and bonnet hinge?

This help?

and for the part that goes onto your wing you will need the ball joint from your boot and mount it on your wing in the correct place trial and error on that part ?

I have 2 set on boot struts (4 struts) and all the ball joints and brackets and ****. Trail and error has killed two on the struts all ready due to closing them fully so no gas is in them :/

Any luck Kamarley?
If both sets are the same, use the knackered set for testing until the location is spot on from now on lol.

And by looks of things, Chris has them ordered like this: bonnet, then hinge, then strut, then bolt. What are you struggling with?

Your struts might be a different size/larger metal piece on the end, and therefore may not fit like Chris' do, hence why they're being crushed when you try and close the bonnet (..Not sure if raising the bonnet would be a solution to this?)

if he attached the strut to the bottom hole on his bonnet hinge between the bonnet and nonnet hinge this would lift the bonnet slightly ?

Yeah where he has his located killed the last struts so I trying to find a new spot. I had to walk away for a while it was getting in my ***s I ended up throwing a hand full of bolts across my garage :/ (have to find them later) :D I picking my misses up from college then I this a bit more therapeutic stickerbombing is in the books of this afternoon :p

rights ive just taken off my boot ones and looked at the bonnet.

It seems that my boot struts are too strong as one was able to hold the bonnet up in the same location as your trying.

aswell as there a little too big and a little to long to use.

Back