Natural vs forced aspiration?

So I've had my k11 for a month or so now and just been sorting out a few small problems with it and hopefully they'll all be done within the next week or two for the modding to begin.

Soooooo to my actual point... what sort of power/torque firgures are people running on either N/A or boosted engines?

Also what mods have you done to get to these figures?

They are some quite impressive figures, sets a nice target for me. Although in all honesty i'd be happy with 100 at the wheels. Will read both of your build threads (if they're on here) when i get home from work. I've set my self a deadline of mid august to get it running nicely with low boost (if I decide to go for forced induction) which may be a bit tight because im planning on doing the majority of the work myself and can only have the car off the road from midday saturday and back on the road ready for work on monday :s

if you don't have PAS you can reach 100bhp with a janspeed header, janspeed system, decat, and a remap.

as well as peak bhp, different setups provide various behavior of drivability/delivery.
the torque curve of an N/A is more peaky at the high end so you have to rev its nuts to get the most power.
a turbo setup on the other hand moves that curve lower down the middle of the rev range so it feels torquer
a supercharger setup moves it further down the earlier end of the curve

if you don't have PAS you can reach 100bhp with a janspeed header, janspeed system, decat, and a remap.

as well as peak bhp, different setups provide various behavior of drivability/delivery.
the torque curve of an N/A is more peaky at the high end so you have to rev its nuts to get the most power.
a turbo setup on the other hand moves that curve lower down the middle of the rev range so it feels torquer
a supercharger setup moves it further down the earlier end of the curve

I was swaying toward a turbo for the driveability and as much as I lovethat my car has 7500rpm (ish) limit I do prefer not needing to rev untill the valves are dancing on the bonnet in order to pull onto a motorway on my way to work each day.

Peaky torque curves from NA engines are a bit of a myth. My last engine setup was way more drivable than a standard car due to it having more torque over a larger rev range.

Back