my mums micra

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
P3250154.jpg

My mum brought this micra a couple of months ago from an old lady in chelmsford, whose husband used to drive it. We only came across it as its automatic and my mum searched for automatic cars in the essex cronicle! We paid £575 (i think) for it and its only got 38,000 miles on it!

And i was wondering if anyone else has seen a k10 like this? As it came straight from a nissan dealership, when new, like it is now!

Wow you don't get many of them to the pound!! Rare, retro, cool and low mileage!

That grille was a dealer option, but VERY FEW people in the UK optioned it it seems. A bit more common in Europe but still rare as rocking horse poop!

I saw two of those grilles in a scrappy, but let them pass as i knew nothing about there rarety at the time! Nice looking car though, look after her :)

so we goot a good buy then :grinning: the fogs in the grill are wired up but we cant get them to work. Any help here would be appreciated!?!?

its a nissan micra gsx special!

P3270181.jpg

P3270182.jpg

P3270183.jpg

Make sure your lights are on, and flick the fog light switch and see if they come on. If not, check the rear fog light to see if that's working. If it's not, check fuses. If they're ok, you might have a dodgey indicator stalk

yh the plate probably is worth a few quid! will have to get it valued one day!

Just went out, turned on the headlights and flicked the fog light switch. The fronts dont come on but the rear one does! So must be wires or bulbs in front! The car sat in the old womans garage for 2years so not everything works properly!

cheers for the help arnold and djlee_dj :grinning:

rimmer u remeber i said i raced through traffic to the brighton micra meet following a white kitted k10

ta da this is the one i was on about beeing driven by its old owner

Yes i remember! well glad its finally been tracked down. Certainly a good addition to the club.

I love the look of this....

One sugestion is to loose the rear window sticker....can be a pain to remove (many old stickers go brittle and can snap/flake and cut your fingers to ribbons)...but will make a massive differene IMO

yeah i think that is where it was originally brought! will have to check that in the documents. my mum dont really mind it being there and when i told her, she didnt even know it was there! so its up 2 her if she wants it there or not.

if thats the original garage it was sold at keep the sticker OEM cool ;)

If it were mine I would napalm the sticker!

BUT yeah....it's YOURS (we're jellous)..so the sticker preference is your privelage.....

even though I am biassed....the sticker is only a sticker while its a sticker....there's no going back once youve hacked it off....so may be its best to air on the side of caution (leave it on??)

Speaking of stickers, I love how the older K10s reiterate that it's a Micra on both sides of the tailgate!

Technically, it's a "Nissan Micra Special Micra GSX" :cool:

yeah its weird how that works! wonder why they wanted to put micra on it twice? proud maybe?

the stickers staying! mums car n she wants it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back