Misfire Occasionally

C

cardi

My 1.2L has been perfect for years but in the last few weeks has taken to the occasional 'hiccup' misfire, worse when cold but can happen anytime, also underpowered when cold. I suspect fuel rather than ignition but you know how hard it is to pinpoint as it is intermittent. I notice that there is an inward hiss when I open the fuel cap so tank vent must be blocked. I could just wait for it to finally fail or clean the componants one by one but has anyone had this experience?

Fuel filter - clean/new spark plugs - check/new HT leads - check/new rotor arm - check/new dizzy cap - basically check poss replace with new, the fundementals of spark and fuel.

sorry i cant really help you with the misfire coz i would only be quoting sketch lol and im still trying to solve a similar problem myself... but my car(K11) also hisses when i open the feul filler (like theres abit of a vacuum in there) - that bad? coz i fort it was normal...

Mine didn't hiss before and in the manual there is shown to be a vent so no vacuum should be there, shouldn't cause misfire though. I have started one by one testing. Have checked plugs, air filter, fuel filter amd lift pump. Wll move on to cleaning carb soon. Not much I can do with elect. ignition.

It is a misfire. You get the occasional jump at anytime but more often just after cornering or when climbing. There are so many minor valves and switches with a converter and fully electronic ignition. I could go to a Nissan dealer and have the system analysed on their machine but it will cost. I wil keep running it and hope more clues emerge, need Sherlock Holmes.

Back