Micra really Hard Over Bumps!!

just a quick problem

when my 1l 1996 vibe is stationary, i can rock it very easily, both up & down and side to side

but when i go over a bump at any speed above 10mph, it is really hard and my suspension doesnt seem to take any of the bounce out of it, if you know what i mean :)

it just stays hard and believe me you can feel it!!!

its just had an MOT, and there was nothing on it to do with shocks or springs, and as far as i know they are standard.

please can someone help

stew

I have this too, really strange, seems to stiffen up when going over bumps and that, but i wouldn't imagine its a problem as such, probably something to do with when the cars moving.

its just really weird seeing as though it will move up and down and side to side really easily when stationary but as soon as it is moving it is really stiff and hard over bumps!

Haha, well our suspension system is quite well designed (I think) but either way i prefer it to stifen up, if you ever need to go on curbs and stuff, you need to have it stiff so it can just hold its own without grinding to death xD.

Haha, well our suspension system is quite well designed (I think) but either way i prefer it to stifen up, if you ever need to go on curbs and stuff, you need to have it stiff so it can just hold its own without grinding to death xD.

its not as if it is hard to start with, it will really easily rock and bounce when stationary but as soon as its moving, it will be as hard as a brick over bumps or pot holes

it hasnt been lowered or any modifications at all put on it...the car is mine but in mums name for insurance so i dont pay out of my arse for it :D

would putting softer shock and harder springs be a good way to go so the springs will keep it from rocking, but the soft shocks will allow the car to go over the bumps without trying to break my spine ;)

Back