Micra newbie

C

Corona_Kop

Hi folks - got my first K10 yesterday. A 92J 1.2LX 3 door - 43000 miles and 2 owners with a FSH for £450. It runs like a dream!

I'm basically using it as a run-a-round for work but I want to change the stereo - do I need a 'blank' for a new CD head unit?

a cd unit should fit in the same place as the tape player beraring in mind that you have the black surround that slots into the dashboard, it is din sized so is universal hole

It might sit in the same bracket, but mine didnt - so it had to slide it in the front.

Thanks for the welcomes people.

Can I get an ISO plug from say Halfords or do I need to order it from elsewhere online?

Yeah u can get one from Halford's, they run between 10 - 20 quid tho i think so make sure u get the right 1!!! Their members of staff should look at the wiring in the car and on the unit if u don't know, but i wouldn't bother letting them fit it for u as it's a rip off lol!!! They charge about 20 quid just to fit it!!!!!

Halfords fitted my stereo free. So they sorted the ISO plug out for me. Shame i paid nearly £20 for it :(

Also - another general newbie question: How hard is it to fit a pod-style rev-counter? I've seen the one I want and just wondered how difficult the job is.

Sorry - I was just being lazy :sleepy: I found all the answers by forum searching.

Do I need the aerial adaptor though? :confused:

Does that aerial adaptor work? kool iv been wondering about getting a new aerial. if so How...

Back