Micra K11 bunny hopping when low on fuel and have braked

Hi all,

I didn't know this forum was still going! I have a weird problem if anyone else has the same one.

1. When the car is low on fuel but just touching the last part red part of the fuel gage, the beloved micra misfires and bunny hops until I fill it up again, this can be solved if you aren't at the petrol station by very lightly touching the throttle until the revs build up and praying to god, and then it seems to pull even harder and rev harder until I switch it off and on again and then its fine.

2. When low on fuel again near the last white line 1/4 of a tank, if I break hard or for a long time, the car going into a "limp mode" and bunny hops and misfires, until I feather the throttle or weirdly switch it on and off again and it acts like it never happened but this only happens when breaking and near the 1/4 mark on the tank.

3. With the E10 fuel, if I use it and go over 70mph it throws the engine light up and then it turns off once I've ran through the E10 fuel and put the old E5 stuff back in or I just have to clear the code and it runs like nothing has happened.

Spec : Micra K11 1L S 2000s its about on 80,0000 miles, had it for 2 years and got it on 35,000 (it came with the original oil filter and window wipers!)

I changed the MAF sensor with an amazon one about 10 months ago because it couldn't even pull off and I just unplugged it and it ran, not greatly because it would do like 100 miles from a 30L. I changed it and everything work like normal.

Surely the simple answer is don't let the tank get that low before refuelling? I never let the fuel level on my Micra go below 1/4 full, then brim it again....

Back