Micra converted to LPG

I recently converted my Micra to LPG and was wondering if i need to install Valve saver???

Who has LPG?
How many miles micra can do until and valve seat recession?

Thank you

No valve seat saver required on our engines. Been running LPG for about 40k without any issues on BRC Sequent P&D setup.

well worth it if you have a local lpg station, its about half price of diesel iirc, and can match the power of petrol if you hike the compression ratio :)

well worth it if you have a local lpg station, its about half price of diesel iirc, and can match the power of petrol if you hike the compression ratio :)
Sounds good, how long do you have to drive it for it to become a money saver if you get what I mean?
Presumably converting to LPG isn't the cheapest thing in the world

Sounds good, how long do you have to drive it for it to become a money saver if you get what I mean?
Presumably converting to LPG isn't the cheapest thing in the world
payback depends on the conversion cost really max, mine was £500 diy and was covered within 1 yr, but professional fitment can be £1500 ish

I looked into LPG conversion. I currently get 47MPG out of my Micra K11 1.3 CVT.

I use my Micra for work & get a petrol allowance reinbursement. I do approx about 17,000k a year (work related) + personal mileage of 6,000k .

However, on my mileage it would take 2 years to break even on a install cost of £1,500; even if I stayed in the curent role.

Also, have to factor in loss of boot space etc. I felt it wasn't worth it. Though if you purchased a car already converted then would be defo worth it!

Boot space is compromised depending on the size of the tank. So you either go for range or space. If I were to do it again I'd modify the boot floor to fit a large toroidal tank in and have more boot space but that's an increased cost.

Unless you are in it for the long run or use the car for a decent level of business miles, (mileage allowance), then it's perhaps of questionable financial investment.

I converted mine because we had a company grant scheme about 5yrs back which meant it cost me £450 to convert it and due to mileage allowance, I broke even in 6weeks making it a no-brainer.

For me, the savings mean the car pays for itself every year in terms of tax, insurance, mot, tyres and servicing and gives me a hefty saving on any personal mileage. It's an old car now but one I will find hard to pass on when the time comes...

I payed 200 euro for LPG kit (BRC) and installed by myself.
For 100km (60miles) i pay I less than 5 euro (4 pounds). So I think its worth it for me if total cost is just 200euro (165 pounds).

The reason why I decided to install LPG because I literally wanted drive for free :)

Back