Measurements

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
I'm just looking for some measurements if anybody can help.

I am looking for the length of the exhaust port inside the cylinder head, and also the length of the primaries on the janspeed manifold.

If anybody has or can get these it would be much appreciated.

the exhaust tracts in the head are 60mm long (initially 19mm dia x 2, equivalent to 27mm dia x 1, i believe) :)
no idea on the janspeed tho, what you got planned then phil ?

Going to weld a stainless steel exhaust system up, but need to calculate the primary header lengths for the exhaust to produce midrange power and torque. I was just curious how close the janspeed measurements are to what I calculated.

Mine are 0.9m primaries with 1" internal diameter. or just over 1m with 1 1/4" internal diameter.

I believe you need to add around 1.5" for every 1/8" diameter you add.

i would guess the janspeed primaries are about 32mm dia phil, with 2 short ones and 2 long ones, and my 40mm system has proved to be a big improvement on the stock one :)
(been doing another one for my misses,s 1.0 today )

Attachments

• PICT0139.JPG
    PICT0139.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 205
janspeed manifolds have about 40mm od primaries iirc could be a bit smaller say 38 or something but cant remember exactly.

you making a 4-2-1 or a 4-1?

whats this calculation as i wouldnt mind looking at it , i have made my own manifold and could work it back to see what it should give me, also use it to calculate my new manifold

Back